This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

St James Medical Centre
 St James Medical Centre
national health service

Sick Certificates


You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less.  Your employer may however require you to complete a self certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.  LINK: www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sc2.pdf  (SELF Certificate)

Evidence that you are sick


If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to provide them with some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay). Please contact the Doctor to organise this.


Choose font size: A A A


Total visitors:215227 | Disclaimer